So blissful you may never want to leave, Maui Kaanapali Villas is set along sandy shores and amidst 11 acres of lush tropical gardens creating the ultimate backdrop for a dream Maui vacation. Spend days exploring the resort and following the footpath to breathtaking Kahekili Beach. Dine on island cuisine with a view at Castaway Cafe. On-site amenities include two swimming pools and jet spas, a fitness center, spa, shuffleboard court, barbecue grills, Kaanapali Resort shuttle service, activities desk, shops, and direct beach access. Enjoy the warm and sunny weather in Lahaina.
This was our very first visit to the Hawaiian islands. I'm an RN from the east coast US and this property offered a generous First Responder discount for healthcare professionals who worked during the pandemic. The reviews were favorable, so I booked 10 nights in November
- excellent customer service and flexible cancellation. Because Hawaii had moved their opening date out numerous times, this meant that we had to change our dates of travel accordingly. We had no trouble doing this - a simple phone or email was all it took.
- super friendly staff! We were greeted by Leann at the front desk upon our late evening arrival. She was SO friendly and thorough and was the perfect representative of Aloha! We had a few other contacts with the front desk during our stay and all were helpful and friendly
- good location right north of Black Rock on Ka'anapali Beach. Literally steps to the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- free parking, easy access from lot
- if you have a vehicle, lots of shopping and beaches are only minutes away
- I think it depends on who owns the unit you end up with, but our unit (201) was stocked to the hilt and we didn't want for anything! We made most of our meals there which saved us a lot of money, which meant more money for exploring and excursions.
- Nice pool, you can hear the waves crashing from your lounge chair
- all of the permanent or semi-permanent residents that we met that lived here were extremely friendly and loved to give us suggestions as to where to visit
- very easy drive to the Nakelele Blowhole, which is also a terrific spot to view the sunrise!!
- the beach out front is a perfect place for sunsets
- you can snorkel right from the beach immediately outside of the resort, but you'll have to either swim a ways or walk further down for REALLY great snorkeling. Snorkel around black rock for some of the most epic snorkeling anywhere!
- property is a little dated, but the grounds were so well kept that we didn't mind
- it you're doing the Road to Hana, tack on at least an hour to get to the start of the road. We did it, it was fine, but it's so much driving that that extra hour at the end of the day felt a little brutal
OVERALL: would definitely stay again!
Worst customer service
(El Dorado Hills, California)
My family and I were supposed to travel to this hotel this spring and then the COVID-19 pandemic crisis happened. We live in California, and in March travel restrictions were being implemented to try and limit the spread of the disease. We called in the middle of March to try and cancel our trip and we were told if we cancelled our trip we would lose 50 percent of our money. The customer service representative (Zac) tried to tell us that Hawaii doesn’t have any restrictions on travel due to COVID-19 so we should try and reschedule our trip so we wouldn’t have to pay the 50 percent penalty. We hesitantly rescheduled our trip to July, but now in May of 2020 Hawaii still has a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place punishable by jail time if not followed precisely (and there is currently a couple from Sacramento that has been arrested while on their honeymoon). We tried to cancel our July trip which is now 60 days away, and this hotel still will only give us 50 percent of our money back which is ridiculous given the severity of the COVID-19 crisis......the manager (Ryan) even told us that the couple that was arrested is fake news; he said “you believe everything on the news? That is fake news”. This hotel is the most unprofessional and socially irresponsible company I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else....this place doesn’t care about anything but themselves, and dealing with them is too much of a pain, when so many other places have been so accommodating during this crisis. During times of a crisis, the true colors of people and businesses is revealed, and this place is full of crooked people. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!!
Welcome home, Maui Kaanapali Villas.
This slogan is written on the key card each guest gets to open their unit.
I have to say that it does feel like home there.
My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights in February during our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time.
The studio we stayed in had a very comfortable size. The kitchen was well equipped, the bed was comfortable, the sofa was big enough to chill and doze off in and sitting on the balcony had that home backyard feel to it.
I truly recommend to relax and indulge in the pool and jacuzzi that’s near the restaurant. It is super relaxing out there and you can get amazing mountain views from the poolside.
Even though I would give the food made at the hotel restaurant a 5 out of 10, I really do recommend sitting at the beach side tables during the day to look at the beach. My husband and I were able to see some whales swimming there when we were having breakfast at that restaurant. It made the breakfast experience beyond amazing.
The Kaanapali beach itself is also delightful. The sand is sparkly and soft and the water is clear and had the perfect temperature at the time. I’m more of a pool person overall, but I’d choose this beach any day over any pool I’ve been to.
This is the perfect place to relax and enjoy each other’s company. It is indeed like a home away from home.
(Port Moody, Canada)
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed having the restaurant on the premises. The grounds were well maintained and tidy. The rooms and bathrooms however could use updating. Having only one elevator in operation resulted in long waits.
Very comfortable stay on Kaanapali Beach
Nice maintained property on the Kannapali Beach. Rooms have fully equipped kitchens and the property is certrally located for the Kannapali area. The staff is very personable and professional; we are repeat vacationers at the property.